Porsche Design and Huawei have launched the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS in the South African market exclusive to MTN.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS represents the pinnacle of technology through features such as the world’s first dual fingerprint design including an innovative in-screen fingerprint sensor, the world’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) processor and Leica triple camera with 40MP image capture. This device will surpass the performance expectations of even the most demanding smartphone user.
“After the overwhelming success of the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro in South Africa, we now bring you our latest offering, a perfect blend of innovation in a smartphone and luxury design – the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS. We are proud to bring the uniqueness of the device with cutting-edge technologies, which people will fall in love with – from three-point security feature including facial recognition, rear fingerprint scanner and the new innovative in-screen fingerprint to the Leica triple camera system – culminating in an unprecedented experience for our customers,” said Likun Zhao, Vice President of Huawei Consumer Business Group Southern Africa.
Incorporating Porsche Design’s signature design language and Huawei’s breakthrough technology and craftsmanship, the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS sets a new standard in mobile luxury. With a commitment to unique, functional design, the phone has a 6” 2K curved OLED screen and wonderfully symmetrical look, minimalist feel and a stylish 8-edged 3D curved glass body. The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS is available in black, a timeless colour that enables a seamless switch from glass to frame, and reflects Porsche Design’s commitment to purism and simple sophistication.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS has been built with exceptional accuracy, meaning each component is there for a specific reason, and exactly where it needs to be to ensure the user gets the best possible experience in terms of power and aesthetics. High performance is also indicated in the naming of the smartphone: the term “RS” stands in the world of Porsche motorsport for outstanding racing performance.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS benefits and features include:
· The world’s first dual fingerprint scanner for enhanced convenience, allowing users to wake and unlock the device simply, thanks to an in-screen fingerprint sensor. Hover to wake the device, touch to unlock it
· The winning combination of Leica triple camera with 40MP RGB sensor technology and exceptional photography powered by Master AI. This combination puts effortless, eye-catching photography at the fingertips of those looking to immortalise their favourite moments. Combined with 5 x hybrid zoom, and the world’s first AI image stabilisation on a smartphone camera ensures photography lovers can capture the best shots with exceptional clarity in almost any situation
· The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS is the first Huawei handset to allow quick wireless charging, making it even easier to keep the phone topped up and ready to go and, thanks to its long lasting battery, users will easily be powered through the busiest of days
· An ‘intelligent’ smartphone, the powerful AI processor automatically tailors the performance of the phone according to how it is used – constantly learning, understanding and anticipating needs, it is the perfect personal assistant for the pocket
· 256GB of internal storage means those constantly on the go and constantly on their phone can be worry free
· Dual SLS (super linear system) speakers with DOLBY ATMOS enable users to have a superior experience, with the best immersive surround sound and entertainment on the go
· Splash, water and dust resistant, which means there is no need to worry about damaging the device in the rain or accidentally dropping it in water
Jan Becker, CEO Porsche Design Group, said: “Both Porsche Design and Huawei seek to imagine and develop products that stand for precision and perfection, intelligent functionality and highly sophisticated design. Our aim was to create an outstanding device that goes one step further. We believe we have reached this goal by taking our partnership to the next level.”
Porsche Design and Huawei have worked in tandem to develop a smartphone that fuses together the two brands’ DNA, wealth of experience in design and technology, industry-leading expertise and exceptional performance. Through the use of colour in the device’s body, software themes and accessories, the new handset is accentuated with Porsche Design’s distinguished aesthetic and purist, minimalist feel.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS will be available to purchase exclusively from MTN at a RRP of R 26 459.
Huawei’s service offering includes one free screen repair due to accidental damage. Priority repair service will be given to the customer with an offering of a loan device during the repair. Users will also be entitled to free pickup and delivery services within the warranty period. Consumers will also have a dedicated VIP line with support from Huawei contact centre consultants.