Uber Eats and Chicken Licken are proud to announce their new partnership, which will allow consumers for the first time to get their dose of Soul Food delivered to their doorstep through the Uber Eats app.
Starting at 9 AM today, locals in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Midrand, Durban, Cape Town and Bloemfontein can now place an order at selected Chicken Licken outlets through the app, seven days a week. Whether customers are searching for inner peace or wanting to satisfy their craving, the menu caters to the most soulful of offerings from the brand.
Founded in the South of Johannesburg, Chicken Licken is the largest non-American-owned fried chicken franchise in the world and will be the perfect addition to the app to continue providing locals with their favourite meals at the press of a button.
Ailyssa Pretorius, General Manager for Uber Eats South Africa says, “For years South Africans have been calling out for Chicken Licken® to deliver to their doorsteps, and we are thrilled to be the first delivery app to answer this demand and support Chicken Licken with their new venture into the online food delivery space, providing them with the technology to adapt and thrive in the growing food delivery market.”
Chantal Sombonos van Tonder, Owner of Chicken Licken adds, “Given the social outcry for Chicken Licken to offer a delivery service, we are taking a step in the right direction of addressing our customers craving and in so doing, partnering with Uber Eats. This has proven to be a much-needed addition to our business model and hopefully something that proves beneficial to the Brand and ultimately, the consumer.”
This partnership comes just after the launch of the Uber Eats app in South Africa’s largest township, Soweto, giving locals authentic meals at the push of a button. Chicken Licken now joins the thousands of restaurants that are already taking advantage of the Uber Eats app to connect with customers to bring them meals conveniently and at Uber speed, for just R10.00 a delivery.
Ready for some Soul Food? Find out how to order:
Eaters can order through the app from 9 am until 9 pm, seven days a week.
- Download the Uber Eats app from either the iTunes or Android app stores or order at ubereats.com
- Log in with your same Uber account credentials, or set up an account
- Select a restaurant, and choose what you want to eat from their menu
- Press “place order” and watch as your order gets picked up and delivered right to your door
- Your receipt will be sent to your email address associated with your Uber account or can be viewed in your app
- Users have access to thousands of affordable meals, with intuitive menus and personalised recommendations, no minimum basket size, and different payment methods (cash or card) and pick-up options.
*Please see link here to the full list of the Chicken Licken® outlets available on the Uber Eats app