As one of the nation’s fastest-growing urban residential areas, Soweto and its residents have long been at the top of Vuma’s list to receive access to the Vuma Fibre Reach product. The great news is that this is finally a reality for the people of Soweto.
After a lot of research into the community of Soweto, Vuma worked to secure the necessary approvals from the ward councillors of the City of Johannesburg before beginning the installation of fibre-optic cable infrastructure throughout the area.
What is fibre optic cable? Unlike copper cables, fibre optics are made of glass. They have no resale value, but the improvements they can bring to Soweto are life-changing and priceless. Fibre optic cables are able to transfer data almost as fast as the speed of light! That means the residents of Soweto can access a world of information, stream TV shows and movies, and do so much more at the click of a button.
Fibre packages are available for residents on a pre-paid basis from Internet Service Providers, which means residents won’t be tied into a contract, and have the freedom to buy services for data as and when they choose.
These fibre services offered by the Internet Service Providers will give every home in the Vuma Fibre network:
- 20/10Mbps uncapped internet connection
- FREE in-home fibre installation and Wi-Fi enabled device
- 24/7 availability and support
- No long contracts
- Pre-paid service
Fibre is faster and more affordable than any other type of internet connection, which means you won’t have to wait a whole day for a movie or series to download. In fact, downloading a 5-gigabyte movie takes just a few minutes – sometimes even less!
“Fibre is revolutionising the way South Africans do things. As the country is transitioning from ADSL to fibre internet, people are experiencing abundant internet access with unlimited connectivity in the comfort of their homes. Fibre is faster and more reliable than other internet services, it enables seamless internet connectivity that changes the way people connect with each other and to the world.” says Vuma CEO, Dietlof Mare.
Some of the benefits of fibre to the home include:
- Education – family members, especially children, will have access to a world of knowledge and online educational tools for all school projects and won’t need to leave the safety of their homes just to access the internet
- Entertainment for everyone – The whole family can watch movies, sports and series, listen to music online, and browse the internet – all at the same time and from the comfort of their homes
- Connected lifestyle– stay connected to family and friends near and far. Keep up to date with news, social media, messages and video call 24/7.
Vuma Fibre Reach lets users enjoy the internet at lightning fast speed at affordable costs.
For more information, visit www.vumareach.co.za.