As of 01 May 2020, Telkom qualifying Fibre and DSL Internet customers will realise improved network experience as Telkom doubles access speeds free of charge.
This additional bandwidth is to provide uninterrupted online connectivity and to support already existing Telkom Internet broadband customers who are at home using internet connectivity more than ever during the nationwide lockdown.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE
Entry-level and lower-end package speeds will be significantly improved, to ensure that our customers have enough additional bandwidth to cater for their work, kids’ learning activities and family entertainment needs at home during the lockdown.
- On Fibre, 10Mbps, 20Mbps and 40Mbps lines will be upgraded to 20Mbps, 40Mbps and 100Mbps respectively. That is double the speed for FREE.
- 100Mbps and 200Mbps lines will remain unchanged.
- On copper, qualifying 1Mbps, 2Mbps, 4Mbps and 8Mbps lines will be upgraded to 10Mbps, subject to network and distance limitations.
- Services unable to achieve 10Mbps will be excluded from the upgrade.
- Existing DSL 10Mbps, 20Mbps and 40Mbps copper lines will remain unchanged.
This gesture by Telkom is in response to the needs and increased connectivity demands placed on our customers by the current conditions. As one of the largest telecommunications network providers, it is important to demonstrate continual support to our customers during these trying times of COVID-19.
“This initiative is intended to ensure that our customers get to enjoy high speed connectivity allowing them to study online, continue doing productive work, game and stream content to keep themselves and their families entertained during this lockdown. In addition, we have recently revamped our Internet Uncapped Product offerings for home broadband connectivity with the removal of FUP (Fair Usage Policies) from Uncapped products, this means no more throttling of subscriber throughput when specific data thresholds are reached,” says Serame Taukobong, Chief Executive Officer: Consumer at Telkom.
Now with the improved speeds, customers will be able to do more of what they do online faster at no additional cost during this period. They will also get to connect more devices simultaneously at home and still have continuous connectivity.