At a roundtable discussion recently held in Johannesburg, Western Digital unveiled some of its plans for 2020. There was also a lot of product talk as the conversation touched on the latest technological developments the company is making use of in its product solutions.
At the event, Ghassan Azzi, Sales Director, Africa at Western Digital spoke about how the company has employed new innovations in its extensive lineup of storage solutions built for every consumer use.
“At the recently held CES event earlier this month, we showcased a couple of innovative product solutions, some of which will be making their way to Johannesburg”, Mr Azzi said.
Incontinuing with its legacy of technology milestones, one of the products spoken about was the pocket-sized SuperSpeed USB 20Gbps portable SSD. Inspired by consumers’ desire to capture rich content and keep it with them, Western Digital continues to push the boundaries of what’s possible with an 8TB SSD prototype. Combining its expertise in flash memory with skillful design, the company continues to be at the forefront of developing revolutionary solutions that keep up with and surpass today’s consumer needs.
Some products local consumers can expect in our market soon:
- SanDisk Extreme Pro® Portable SSD
The SanDisk Extreme PRO portable SSD delivers 500GB of space for a full library of content in a pocket-sized design. It leverages lightning-fast NVMe technology to dramatically increase transfer speeds to up to 1050 MB/s letting you move files faster and edit right from the drive. With increased transfer speeds, you can move from capturing to editing faster and it works on PC or Mac computers, and with USB Type-C™ and Type-A connectors.
It features a ruggedised design with a forged aluminum body to protect the SSD core and dissipate heat. A durable silicon rubber coating seeks to deliver higher impact resistance with its IP55 rating for water and dust resistance. Designed for mobility, the small and light form factor of the Extreme PRO SSD makes it easier to keep content with you.
- WD Black D10
– The WD_Black™ D10 Game Drive will take consoles or PCs to the next level and help keep the competitive edge needed by the gamer to win.
– It has 8TB so gamers can save and build their console or PC gaming collection of up to 200 games***
– Extra storage to capture and collect the best in-screen game captures
– Speeds up to 250MB/s** rated at 7200RPM with active cooling technology to help with staying in the game
– It also features two 7.5W USB Type-A charging ports to charge gaming gear and accessories
– Its purpose-built for gamers based on WD_Black™ quality and reliability
- WD Black P10
– The WD_Black™ P10 Game Drive gives the console or PC the performance enhancing tools it needs to give the user competitive edge
– This drive has up to 5TB that can hold up to 125 games***, so the gamer can save old favorites and still have room for new titles
– It has a portable and durable form factor that provides fast access to the gaming library
– Its high-performance HDD optimises the console or PC gaming experience
– As with the D10, its purpose-built for gamers based on WD_Black™ quality and reliability they can play without limits
“ Gamers, and people in general, are increasingly consuming large amounts of information, and with that comes the need to store it safely, using product solutions that are capable, are of exceptional quality, and that also allow for ease of use,” said Azzi.