LG VELVET 5G, the company’s most visually stunning handset to date, ushers in a new era of elegant, user-centric design, seamlessly integrating LG’s most innovative multi-media features for truly memorable 5G user experience. With VELVET 5G, LG is introducing its new, nature-inspired design language, boasting smooth, polished surfaces and distinctive elements that set it apart from its peers.
In a departure from the usual square camera bump, with multiple lenses tightly packed together, LG VELVET 5G sports a vertically aligned “Raindrop” camera. The harmonious arrangement is composed of three lenses and a flash, positioned in descending order of size to evoke the image of falling raindrops. New 3D Arc Design delivers beautifully symmetrical front and rear edges and gently curved corners, creating a sleek, flowing form factor that fits perfectly in the hand and is pleasing to the touch. With its premium, glossy finish, LG VELVET 5G has a unique personality and individual sense of style.
Whether it’s watching movies, streaming TV, and gaming or listening to tunes, users will enjoy the enhanced detail and realism of LG VELVET 5G’s 6.8-inch, 20.5:9 aspect ratio P-OLED Cinematic FullVision display. And continuing LG’s legacy of superior smartphone audio, LG VELVET 5Goffers powerful stereo speakers for an immersive sound experience. What’s more, LG 3D Sound Engine utilizes artificial intelligence to automatically analyze and optimize all audio content.
LG VELVET 5G features all the multimedia tools users have come to expect and love about LG phones. The device features a 16MP camera up front and a 48MP main, 8MP wide and 5MP depth sensor on the back for capturing every moment in astounding quality. It inherits the popular Voice Bokeh feature from the V60 ThinQ 5G, for clear outdoor recordings even in the presence of loud ambient noise. Vividly capture even the tiniest sound with ASMR Recording and two built-in high-sensitivity microphones. 4K Time-lapse also has been improved with the new Timelapse Control that can automatically adjust recording speed consistent with the subject’s movements and also allows users the freedom to adjust the recording speed themselves.
To ensure users get the most out of 5G service, LG VELVET 5G features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G Mobile Platform. Produced using the latest 7 nanometer process, the Snapdragon 765G includes the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X52 5G Modem-RF System, taking up less space and helping to maintain the stylish smartphone’s slim profile.
LG VELVET 5G delivers the added benefit of boosted performance when using LG Dual Screen for twice the fun, twice the productivity. The Dual Screen Accessory does not ship standard with the device though. LG VELVET 5G and Dual Screen also support compatible active pen input for comfortable note taking and sketching when a finger just isn’t precise enough.
“We’re excited to introduce the LG VELVET 5G to South Africa, not just because it is an exceptional 5G smartphone, but because of the unique value it presents through our new design language,” said Deon Prinsloo, Mobile General Manager of LG Electronics South Africa. “With its new name, LG VELVET 5G promises an unexpected departure for LG Mobile in devices that have a totally revamped look and feel.”
LG VELVET 5G will be available in South Africa from 1 July through MTN and from 7 July at Vodacom. The recommended cash retail price is R13,499, which translates to post-paid contracts starting at R699 for 24 months.
The first 500 LG VELVET 5G customers at Vodacom will be able to claim an LG P-Oled Multitasking Dual Screen accessory valued at R4,299. Customers who buy VELVET 5G through MTN in July will receive a R1,200 online voucher at Takealot.
· Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G Mobile Platform
· Display: 6.8-inch 20.5:9 FHD+ P-OLED Cinematic FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
· Memory: 6GB RAM / 128GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Rear: 48MP Standard† (F1.8 / 0.8μm / 79˚) / 8MP Wide (F2.2 / 1.12μm / 120˚) / 5MP Depth (F2.4 / 1. 12μm / 81˚)
– Front: 16MP Standard (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 73˚)
· Battery: 4,300mAh
· Operating System: Android 10
· Size: 167.2 x 74.1 x 7.9mm
· Weight: 180g
· Network: 5G / LTE / 3G / 2G
· Connectivity: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X52 5G Modem-RF-System, Qualcomm® FastConnect™ 6200, Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 5.1 / NFC / USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Compatible)
· Biometrics: In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
· Colour: Aurora Gray
· Others: Stereo Speaker / AI CAM / Google Lens / Google Assistant / LG 3D Sound Engine / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance / HDR10 / Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 4+ Technology / MIL-STD 810G Compliance / FM Radio
LG Dual Screen (not shipped standard with the device)
· Display: 6.8-inch 20.5:9 FHD + P-OLED Cinematic FullVision (2,460 x 1,080 / 395ppi)
· Cover Display: 2.1-inch Mono
· Size: 174.4 x 84.6 x 14.4mm
· Weight: 129g
· Display Contact Type: USB Type-C
· Folding Type: 360 Freestop Hinge
· Colour: Gray
† Pixel Binning to 12MP