Smartphone manufacturer, TCL Communication, has launched the new BlackBerry KEYone in South Africa. The BlackBerry KEYone is the first smartphone released from TCL Communication under a new brand licensing agreement signed in December 2016 with BlackBerry Limited, and will be available next week in a Vodacom store near you.
“We are thrilled to announce the availability of the BlackBerry KEYone in South Africa”, said Bob El-Hawary, EMEA head of carrier operations for BlackBerry Mobile, a business unit within TCL Communication. “With our new Android powered BlackBerry smartphone, we’ve built a highly reliable and durable device with a strong display that packs enough battery life to get you through a busy day”. “We are convinced this distinctly different smartphone is the perfect companion for today’s professional consumer” added Bob El-Hawary.
“We are excited to launch the BlackBerry KEYone with its unique form factor designed to meet the needs of the modern generation and professional consumer”, commented Davide Tacchino, Vodacom ME for Terminals.
Distinctly different, distinctly BlackBerry
BlackBerry KEYone pairs the best of BlackBerry’s software and security with TCL Communication’s commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable smartphones to customers around the world.
Beyond the iconic BlackBerry design that’s been curated for the modern user, the BlackBerry KEYone comes with a number of additional features that truly reinvents communications for the professional consumer.
- Built to last – An iconic BlackBerry smartphone made reliable for the demanding user, the BlackBerry KEYone combines a sleek aluminum frame and soft grip textured back built to offer the best in durability.
- Runs Android 7.1 Nougat – giving users access to the entire Google Play store and apps – and will receive Google security patch updates.
- The keyboard reimagined – Forget what you knew about keyboards, the BlackBerry Keyboard goes beyond typing. It can be easily programmed to launch up to 52 customizable shortcuts, providing even greater ease of use.
…And use it to scroll through web pages, the picture gallery or to take a picture.
- Loaded with BlackBerry Hub – Bringing all your messages into one consolidated place; including emails, texts and messages from any social media account.
- Unrivalled security features – The BlackBerry KEYone is designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible.
- Long battery life – Featuring the largest battery ever found in a BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry KEYone offers roughly 26 hours of mixed use, thanks to its 3505mAh battery.
- Impressive photo quality – The BlackBerry KEYone includes a 12MP rear camera with an industry leading camera sensor that captures sharp, crisp photos in any light. And for when you have to take a video conference on the go, it includes an 8MP front camera with fixed focus and 84-degree wide angle lens.
Pre-orders for BlackBerry KEYone now open on Cellucity’s website: www.cellucity.co.za/mobile/preorder/
The BlackBerry KEYone will be available exclusively at Vodacom stores as of the 8th August 2017 for a limited period.